Support the Executive Director to manage the process and development of quality products that meet brand strategy and are launched within the Marketing Calendar timeframes; specifically, on the Face, Skincare and Men's categories.
• Initiate, track and execute all stages of product development for the calendarized launches in the categories.
• Work closely with Marketing, R&D, Packaging, Global Brand Supply Chain, Creative, Legal, Education, and Global Communications to ensure key developmental milestones are achieved based on launch timelines.
• Help fuel the innovation pipeline and meet global market needs by partnering closely with Global Marketing to identify new trends, product formats, first to market formulations, shades, ingredients, delivery systems and technology stories.
• Communicate product concept briefs and shade direction to appropriate laboratory. Evaluate and re-direct submissions until desired attributes and performance is achieved. Present to Executive Director and Vice President.
• Evaluate all product submissions: lab, pilot, first production and standard batch in a timely manner. Communicate desired modifications or approvals to the lab and/or vendor. Establish standards from lab through first production. Track and execute reformulations and update production standards on an ongoing basis.
• As necessary, travel to R&D (Melville, Canada) and outside vendors (US and International) for calendarized product development, as well as formula and shade approval milestones. Attend first productions for new launches when required. Provide on-site approvals.
• Manage internal clinical and sensory testing, and drive formula claims development by working closely with R&D, Contract Manufacturers, Regulatory and Legal. Ensure formulas meet global compliance and testing requirements.
• To drive ongoing development of new product concepts, track key trends, attend trend seminars, stay abreast of the competitive environment, including competitive shopping, gather social listening insights, leverage corporate analytics, perform category research and participate in brainstorming meetings.
• Stay relevant, whether virtual or attending trade shows for manufacturer sourcing, generating new ideas, and identifying new assortment opportunities.
• Conduct floor tests when needed, create questionnaires, analyze data and make recommendations based on learnings.
• Coordinate requests for product samples for Global Marketing, Regions, Creative, R&D, and Education.
• 6+ years of experience
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Demonstrated collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Superior product evaluation skills.
• Excellent creative ability and demonstrated skill.
• Clear and concise communication and presentation skills.
• Creative thinking skills.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
Posting ID: 559538411Posted: 2020-06-11