Job Description Loadout Technician (Temporary) - (Borger, Texas, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up
and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future,
and grow your career.
Reports to the Loading Supervisor.What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Actively engage in personal and co-worker health and safety to ensure we all go home safe, every day
- Safe operation of ammonia loading systems (ammonia pumps, valves, terminal boss)
- Safe operations of urea loading systems (DCS, conveyor systems, troubleshooting instrumentation)
- Operate mobile equipment; forklift, front end loader and track mobile
- Maintain housekeeping which requires moving dry urea product by shovel and wheel barrel
- Maintain safe and efficient operations of loading areas, recording data, loading stored products onto either rail cars or trucks
- Conduct weekly safety job task observation and participation in Nutrien safety culture
- Move railcars and maintaining current rail inventory and infrastructure
Are you a good match? Apply today!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Follow and adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- One-three years' experience in a warehouse environment (chemical manufacturing experience in the operational field preferred)
- Demonstrate safety leadership and coaching abilities
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with little supervision and must be a self-starter
- Ability to operate mobile equipment (forklift, front end loader, etc.)
- Willingness to work extended hours, overtime and Holidays
- Experience with computer applications including DCS and SAP
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to operate automated loadout system (preferred)
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on:
LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran