CACI is looking for junior to experienced Flight Software Verification and Validation (V&V) Test Engineers
to support the Lunar Gateway Program at NASA Johnson Space Center. This exciting position involves reviewing flight software requirements, defining, implementing, and executing test cases for V&V of Gateway level 2 flight software and associated data products. The position involves utilizing Gateway test labs and developing test scripts for automated verification testing. The individual will define verification test success criteria and analyze test results for verification of Gateway level 2 flight software requirements. What You'll Get To Do:
This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, have strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise. Finally, the most qualified candidate will be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner, must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program, and share in the excitement of developing future human-rated space vehicles.More About the Role:
- Review and provide feedback on Level 2 flight software requirements from a verification perspective.
- Adhere to JSC flight software development processes for performing and documenting V&V testing.
- Write flight software V&V test cases.
- Perform V&V testing of flight software and data products in test labs including Gateway Software Verification Lab (GSVL) and Gateway ready Avionics Integration Lab (GrAIL).
- Extract and analyze detailed test results.
- Verify Level 2 flight software requirements.
- Identify software deficiencies in meeting requirements.
- Perform inspection of Level 3 flight software testing.
- Develop scripts for automating verification tests.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative. You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. B.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines required.
- Experience performing software V&V testing.
- Experience defining software test cases.
- Experience developing test scripts.
- Experience evaluating software requirements from a verification perspective.
- Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
- Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
- Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills.
What We Can Offer You:
- M.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines.
- Experience automating verification tests.
- Experience with spacecraft or aircraft flight software verification and certification.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with RESTful API.
- Software development background.
- Experience writing flight software requirements.
- Experience with Time-Triggered Ethernet (TTE)
- Experience in human-rated safety critical flight software in aerospace or other industries.
- Vehicle-wide knowledge of space vehicle systems.
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
NASDEV Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.