CACI is looking for an experienced Software Integration Engineer
to support the Lunar Gateway Program at NASA Johnson Space Center. This exciting position involves integrating software components into the Gateway flight software. The individual will become knowledgeable in the overall Gateway flight software system. The position requires working with Gateway payload managers and other software providers to integrate new software components into the Gateway flight software and assist with adherence to flight software development processes. What You'll Get to Do:
This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, have strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise. Finally, the most qualified candidate will be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner, must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program, and share in the excitement of developing future human-rated space vehicles.More About the Role:
- Gain an understanding of the overall Gateway flight software system.
- Work with software providers to integrate software into the Gateway architecture.
- Assist in development of Gateway Level 2, Gateway vehicle, flight software, and possibly Level 3 individual module software.
- Assist software providers with adherence to JSC Spacecraft Software Engineering Team (SSET) software development processes.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative. You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. B.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines required.
- Experience integrating software components.
- Software development background.
- Experience in human-rated safety critical flight software in aerospace or other industries.
- Experience with flight software development processes.
- Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
- Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
- Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills.
- M.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines.
- Experience with software requirements definition and development is highly desired.
- Experience developing human-rated safety critical flight software.
- Vehicle-wide knowledge of space vehicle systems.
- Experience with JSC Spacecraft Software Engineering Team (SSET) software development processes, but any software process experience, e.g., CMMI or IEEE models, is useful.
NASDEV What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.