What You'll Get to Do:
We are currently seeking a candidate with a combination of strong IT, communication, and Project Management skills. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is able to manage complex projects with competing priorities. The candidate must be able to seamlessly combine their knowledge of IT, operations, interpersonal skills, and projects.
The candidate will provide leadership, guidance, and demonstrate a mature project management approach in managing Law Enforcement technology projects; focus on meeting project commitments, including communications with customers; lead in the planning, implementation, integration, and deployment of projects for new systems and technologies; facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor projects; and provide corrective supervision if necessary. Other responsibilities include:
- Plan and recommend allocation of resources to support the mission and associated goals and objectives. Develop, prioritize and defend IT resource requirements
- Work closely with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, and/or satisfy their expectations. Possess knowledge about available products and services. Demonstrate commitment to provide quality products and services. Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Work closely with technical experts/project leads and project managers in creating and managing project schedules linking critical activities across multiple. Coordinates and track multiple key projects and tasks.Interact with customers, managers, operation leaders, and other teams.
- Develop project schedules and recommend appropriate lead-lag times. Plan workload for multiple project management teams and de-conflict resources.Provide forward-looking schedule analysis to Leadership. Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas. Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Attend project meetings; assist in taking and relaying meeting notes, action items.
- Suggest management of risks affecting project profit, costs, schedules and client relations.
- Support project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems.
- Formulate, develop and coordinate short and long range IT strategies and plans. Formulate, prepare and coordinate IT policies, goals and objectives. Update policies and initiatives.
- Express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; make clear and convincing presentations; listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues, and respond appropriately.
- Identify problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Provide PMO support for production systems to include assisting with on-call rotation, serving as a liaison between Operational team and dependent services and customers, and support customer requests
- Assist with planning of engineering activities such as technology refreshes, data center relocations, and other technical projects as needed
- Assist with planning and tracking of security-related projects and tasks such as server patching, hardening, incident response, and other security related activities
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: 12+ years of experience.
Required skills: Previous experience performing Project Management in a government environment. Strong IT knowledge, specifically in operational support of production systems.
- ISO 20000/27000
- Remedy or other CRM tools
- Certification such as Security+, CASP, CISSP, PMP, CRM, ITIL
- Law Enforcement industry experience a plus
- Previous experience as a System Administrator, Database Administrator, Network technician, or Data Center Technician
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.