CACI is looking for an experienced Orion Spacecraft Avionics and Flight Software Systems Engineer
to work with NASA's Orion flight software architecture, systems engineering and integration. This engineering position involves analysis of flight software requirements and design, oversight of software architecture and development, and applying software engineering tool suites in the process. Avionics and flight software Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) domains include timeline/vehicle management, service module control, systems management, data network and channelization, fault management, mission sequencing, abort, flight and ground software, etc. This work also requires collaboration with test and verification, launch vehicle, service module, missions and ground operation, and vehicle system teams, such as avionics, command and control, crew life support, displays, power, propulsion, thermal, guidance, navigation and control, communications and tracking, docking, etc. What You'll Get to Do:
This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, have strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise, and be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner. The individual must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program and share in the excitement of developing the next human-rated space vehicles. More About the Role:
- Review and oversight of avionics and flight software requirements development, design, integration, production, and certification.
- Perform systems engineering, such as hazard analysis, on vehicle subsystem domains.
- Coordinate flight software issues and resolution across programs and vehicle systems engineering teams.
- Apply engineering tool suites in software requirements and design analysis, and testing.
- Evaluate prime contractor flight software architecture, design, and implementation.
- Oversight of integration of flight software in test and verification facilities.
- Interface with NASA and prime contractor engineering teams.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative. You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. B.S. in Aerospace, Electrical, Computer or Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines required.
- At least five years of related experience in human-rated real-time safety critical flight software in aerospace or other industries.
- Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
- Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
- Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills.
What We Can Offer You:
- Experience in ARINC 653 based architecture, Time-Triggered Ethernet, Orion Data Network, Power and Data Unit, fault management, mission sequencing, abort.
- Vehicle-wide knowledge of space vehicle systems, e.g., avionics, command and telemetry, command and control, timeline/vehicle management, service module control, systems management, crew life support, displays, power, propulsion, thermal, guidance, navigation and control, communications and tracking, NASA Docking System, etc.
- Experience in avionics and flight software development for human-rated space vehicle, e.g., Orion, International Space Station, or Space Shuttle.
- Experience in the full life cycle of human-rated flight projects.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Experience with SysML, Rhapsody, Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks, and Core Flight Software (CFS).
- Familiarity with NASA's Orion.
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Git and Subversion.
- Experience developing objected-oriented C++ code
- Experience with Python
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.