Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Since its 1989 inception, Preferred Hospitality, Inc. (Management Company for Provider Contract Food Service and Market Broiler Restaurants) has had the advantage of living, learning, and leading in the competitive food service arena. Specializing in providing exciting concepts, systems, food offerings and efficient, well-trained staff Preferred Hospitality addresses any challenges facing an organization with on-site food service capabilities.
We recruit, train, and develop candidates who enjoy people, will provide excellent service, and take genuine pride in their work. We aim to be the employer of choice where employees know they are always treated fairly with genuine concern.
We are currently seeking an experienced and energetic Food and Beverage Director to lead the Food Service Operations at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
To oversee, lead and operate a Provider Contract Food Service location in a prompt, courteous,
professional, and efficient manner.
1. Ensures proper hiring, orientation, training, evaluating, mentoring, and disciplining which
will lead to employee and store success.
2. Consistently supervises, manages, and inspects all hourly employees to ensure readiness
and ability to perform to company standards.
3. Ensures guest satisfaction through proper internal controls: employee
interaction/engagement, pre- intern- post quality controls, touching tables, and temperature-
portion weight –delivery checks.
4. Prioritizes employee, customer, and operational needs to ensure issues are handled
quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
5. Opens and closes the location at a daily basis and preserves a safe, secure, and sanitary
environment which fosters employee success.
6. Promotes positive open communication in a team environment.
7. Adheres to and displays company standards by personal example.
8. Oversees and completes personnel scheduling/ shift cut backs/holiday planning to facilitate
standard coverage and efficiency.
9. Builds strong community relations through personal character in and outside of work.
10. Oversees and completes the reconciliation of daily cash receipts and equivalents according
to set policy standards.
11. Oversees and completes all necessary administrative office work and record keeping in an
organized manner. Forwards all necessary documents to corporate on a timely basis.
12. Oversees, inspects and administers employee uniform and personal hygiene standards.
13. Abides by all federal and state governmental regulations and labor standards.
14. Supervises all management at individual store level.
15. Maintains management interaction with all department levels.
16. Establishes intra-store policy which are in alignment with Provider Contract Food Service’s
17. Sets priorities for the assistant managers and supervisors.
18. Responsible for the security of the Master key list & keys, alarm pass codes, pass code for
computer system and all discount coupons (gift certificates, etc.)
19. Responsible for all employee and manager reviews.
20. Reviews and prepares for the annual budget, monitors financial analysis and takes necessary action to
achieve the budget.
21. Responsible to attend all Food and Beverage Director meetings in addition to holding
regular management meetings between the assistant management team.
22. Oversees and completes Food and Beverage Director Weekly review.
23. Consistently documents in daily log all operational concerns.
24. Responsible for maintenance/repairs/upkeep of all company assets including furniture,
fixtures, equipment, building and landscape.
25. Engage in community/public relations/local tenant association (C.A.M.) to keep abreast of
news/events in the local community.
26. Oversees all ordering of product/menu planning and daily specials.
27. Hold quarterly round table and safety meetings.
Job Skills Required:
1. Four year college degree, or two year college degree with six years supervisory experience, or four years
restaurant experience with four years supervisory experience.
3. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
4. Must have reliable transportation and be willing and able to commute
up to 60 miles from the initial unit hired.
5. Must be available to work any day or night with no restrictions.
6. Proven track record of managing his/her personal and financial life (applicants subject
to legal background check).
7. Proven successful leadership and people skills (values diversity).
8. Novice computer skills including Internet, Excel, and Word, CBORD, Simphony or Micros POS
9. Demonstrates ability to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English
(Conversational kitchen Spanish a help).
We are an E-Verify employer