Spillers Works, the restaurant management company that serves Eno's Pizza Tavern, is seeking a detail-oriented, driven individual to join our team in the role of Human Resources Manager! This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office and the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Manager manages the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
The Human Resources Manager originates and leads HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Manager coordinates the implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the company President, and assists and advises company managers and executive leadership about Human Resources issues.
- Safety of the workforce.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the Human Resources department.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Personal on-going development.
Development of the Human Resources Department
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
- Assists with the monitoring of an annual budget.
Human Resource Information Systems
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both the Internet, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information; and intranet sites.
- Maintains employee-related databases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Fully utilizes Human Resources software to the company's advantage.
Training and Development
- Assists with the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Assists with the establishment of an in-house employee training system that addresses the company's training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants, as necessary.
- Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the corporate training budget.
- Maintains employee training records.
- Manages the recruitment process for exempt and nonexempt employees and interns using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Conducts the recruiting planning meetings when needed staff is identified.
- Reviews the resumes for all job candidates and interviews nonexempt and exempt, when assigned, candidates for employment.
- Serves on employee selection committees or meetings.
- Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Assists with the implementation of company safety and health programs. Tracks and posts OSHA-required data and files reports.
- Assists with the monitoring of the company wage and salary structure and the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Provides competitive market research and prepares pay studies to help establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Provides payroll processing support. Partners with accounting to maintain the payroll system.
- Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
- Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits training.
- Administers the 401(k) plan and completes yearly compliance reporting.
- Administers disability and worker's compensation claims.
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act(FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Assists with the carrying out of a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Helps to monitor the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Assists with the company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture and communications committees.
The Human Resources Manager assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the President.
To perform the Human Resources Manager job successfully, the ideal candidate will be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the company Human Resources Manager.