We're looking for bright energetic individuals to join our Distribution Team. Advance your career with Havertys, the most established Furniture Retailer in the industry. Your onsite, hands-on training begins on your first day, where you'll learn Havertys standards for handling and delivering quality Home Goods. You'll thrive in our team environment where our focus is always superior Customer Service, Integrity, Quality and Teamwork. Come grow with us at Havertys, where Life Looks Good!
Position is Tuesday - Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm. Overtime is available.
Pay is $14. 50 - $17.50 based on experience.
The safety of our customers, communities and team members is our first priority, so we are implementing continuous enhanced cleaning and safety protocols based on guidelines provided by the CDC and U.S. government.
Havertys provides masks and protective equipment to all employees and works to maintain social distancing practices in the workplace to ensure safety amongst our team members and Customers.
* Responsible for loading and unloading merchandise from trucks
* Properly and accurately debox and inspect all products for quality in preparation for Home Delivery
* Responsible for proper handling of materials and merchandise to minimize damage or injury
* Responsible for loading and unloading from vendors and company-owned trucks.
* Responsible for adherence to company safety policies and the use of personal protective equipment.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean and clear work environment, free hazards
* Heavy lifting throughout shift
* Attention to detail
* Team Player
* Ability to pass Criminal Background check, Lifting Assessment and Drug Test
* Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and Wellness programs.
* 401(k) with employer match.
* Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
* Opportunity to explore other departments and career opportunities
* Tuition Assistance Program that covers professional continuing education courses, books and other fees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his superior.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse, Industrial, Manufacturing, Operations
Posting ID: 562129421Posted: 2020-10-20