- Employment:Full-time, Part-time
- Location:SALINA, KS 67401
1727 W. Crawford
Salina, KS 67401
If you are a high energy, outgoing person who loves to help and lead others and is looking to join a leadership team that is committed to creating a great place to work and even better shopping experience for our guests, this job is for you! Assistant Managers support the Store Manager and other team members in delivering an exceptional guest shopping experience.
- Manages the store team’s Guest Service behaviors, providing coaching to ensure that they are greeting all guests in a friendly manner to make them feel welcomed, appreciated, and always “make it right” for our guests.
- While covering the location, will support the Store manager in building and developing a strong team with effective training, scheduling, coaching, and supporting a working environment that promotes engagement and living the Company values
- Partner with Store Manager to achieve operational excellence, and hit financial objectives on store promotions, sales objectives, controls etc.
- Assist with achieving overall appearance and cleanliness of the store (inside and out) ensuring that the coffee station is clean and stocked; the food service area is spotless and the bathrooms are sparkling clean, delegating and directing team to maintain condition levels up to Company’s standard.
- Assist with quality control, merchandising, safety programs and other guidelines in place for successful food service operation. Monitor product levels on the sales floor, including coolers and freezers, rotating stock and keeping product levels full so that we have what our guests’ desire and achieve the Company goal of 100% in-stock at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Store Manager or Person in Charge in SM’s absence.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Working Relationships: Store team members, Store Manager, District Manager, and various Corporate personnel and vendors
Minimum Education: High School or GED
Preferred Education: N/A
Minimum Experience: 1 year retail or food experience – must complete Assistant Manager Training program before assigned in this role
Preferred Experience: 1-2 year in retail, guest service or restaurant, in a leadership role
Preferred Licenses/Certifications and Skills: ServSafe /Food Safety certification a plus but not mandatory
Scheduling: This position is scheduled primarily on second shifts, opposite the Store Manager and must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Hours & Conditions: Full time – 40 hours maximum
Travel: 5-10% to cover store and to attend meetings. Ability to deliver deposits to the bank independently (where applicable) and have own vehicle to do so.
Physical Requirements: Ability to maneuver and regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Ability to stand/walk 8 hours a day; reach overhead, bend, squat, twist, reach, grasp and grip and work in cooler (cold temperatures). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other: Specialized attire required in food establishments (hats or visors, gloves etc. provided)
Desired Previous Job Experience 2 years retail management experience or 2 years non-retail management experience. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree. Stable work history. Proficient computer skills.