Medical Receptionist will be responsible for corresponding with patients and visitors, maintaining the practice waiting area, and ensuring that the environment is welcoming for patients and their families. The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy-going personality and a customer-oriented approach.
· Open office; turn on machines and other equipment, unlock doors - depending on shift worked.
· Close office; turn off machines and other equipment, lock doors - depending on shift worked.
· Throughout the shift, clean/organize/straighten out waiting area.
· Answer incoming telephone calls, handle, take a detailed message and/or distribute appropriately.
· Greet patients, check-in and/or check-out.
· Obtain complete and accurate demographic/insurance information from the patient/guardian.
· Verify insurance via internet or telephone prior to patient visit.
· Ensure information is complete and all forms are dated and signed.
· Pull patient charts as needed, create new patient charts.
· Schedule, reschedule and cancel appointments in the computer system.
· Collect co-payment and patient payments for past due balances.
· Explain patient balances.
· Accurately complete morning and evening tally.
· DOCUMENT, DATE AND INITIAL!!! If it’s not documented, it didn’t happen!
· Maintain an organized and clean work area.
· Perform and complete all additional and related duties as assigned by supervisor, business manager and/or provider.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred).
· 1+ years’ experience in the medical field or administration.
· Familiarity with ECW a plus.
· Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance.
· Excellent organizational, time management, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· Ability to deal with complaints and give accurate information.
· Monday – Friday: 1.20pm - Closing.
· All employees are required to be in the weekend rotation after completing the orientation process.