Leland Saylor Associates (LSA) has an opportunity for an Owner's Authorized Representative (OAR) II position in Los Angeles with our client, the Los Angeles Unified School District with experience in educational facility or public works projects.
- Manages oversees and coordinates all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects.
- Reviews pre-construction documents and submits comments to the Designer as necessary.
- Plans, organizes, and prepares reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects.
- Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work; coordinates with various District and Project staff.
- Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the District's qualitative standards; monitors project budget on a monthly basis and ensures that the budget accurately reflects the project status/progress.
- Manages daily activities of the contractor, reviews contractors' construction schedules and submittals, and coordinates responses to the contractors' inquiries thru the Requests for Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents.
- Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and/or District requirements comply with.
- Receives, reviews, and negotiates Contractor Change Order Proposal(s) to achieve a fair & reasonable price in accordance with the General Conditions; reviews and addresses any and all Schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner.
- Reviews the process and monitors payments for the contractor, architects, engineers, and any other pertinent parties.
- Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the District.
- Coordinates District delivery of related fixtures, furniture, and equipment.
- Monitors and manages project close-out with respect to project certification with the Division of State Architects (DSA) and project financial closeout.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 15 years full time paid professional experience in Project/Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Educational Facility Construction with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $30M-$50M (not cumulative).
- 5 years of experience in managing projects for an educational institution or public agency
Additional Preferred Experience
- Design-Build Experience
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
- Safety and OSHA Safety Regulations (OSHA 30 minimum)
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- Possession of a valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential may be substituted for the required education
Preferred Licenses and Certificates
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
401(k), Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, 100% employer-paid premiums
For over 50 years, Leland Saylor Associates (LSA) has been a nationally recognized construction consulting firm providing expertise in the areas of estimating, scheduling, value engineering, and construction management. Saylor is a great place to work where your opinion matters, where you can grow with a supportive staff and make a difference in our project outcomes. We are proud to be an advisor on some of the largest, most technically complex projects in the nation.
We seek like-minded professionals who have a passion for estimating, drive to achieve results, creative problem-solving ability, and a dedication to client service and relationship management. We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance. Come join us and partner with our world-class team and do your best work.
Saylor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Posting ID: 563082528Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Owner