Looking for Direct Care Staff to work nights from 9:00pm - 9:00am.
1. To cultivate a meaningful relationship with each client in residence. a. To understand what attitudes and conduct on the worker's part will be most conducive to healthy emotional development of the clients. b. To model a respectful, caring, calm demeanor in all interactions with clients. c. To understand and respect unique cultural, religious, or situational influences which may impact individual clients’ “frame of reference”.
2. To participate as part of an interdisciplinary team in the formulation and design of each client's individual care plan. a. To provide written input concerning each client's progress as requested. b. To provide verbal input regarding the implementation of each client's care plan at team meeting. c. To be responsible for implementation of each client's care plan and short-term needs.
3. To assume Prime Worker responsibilities. a. To oversee completion of orientation checklist. b. To complete monthly treatment plans reviews in a timely and objective manner. c. To complete progress reports in a well written, objective and in a timely manner. d. To complete Coalition Data Collection Form within 72 hours of discharge and forward to Program Supervisor.
4. To help the clients cultivate appropriate social, behavioral, and interpersonal skills and attitudes necessary to community living and adjustment. a. To set and enforce behavioral limits for the clients. b. To guide and instruct the clients in the development of problem-solving skills. c. To understand and implement agency guidelines regarding modification techniques.
5. To communicate and document pertinent information regarding each client and all significant events impacting the program during each shift. a. To complete the daily log, individual logs, significant events sheet, medication records, cash accounts, and other forms of documentation according to individual program policy and procedures. b. To verbally communicate to other staff during each shift all information necessary to the functioning of the program.
6. To implement the therapeutic Recreation and Activities program. a. To provide the Recreation and Activities Coordinator with input regarding the development of the therapeutic Recreation Program. b. To actively promote and encourage the therapeutic Recreation and Activities program through participation and instruction. c. To supervise, assist, and instruct the clients in the constructive use of leisure time.
7. To stimulate and encourage attainment of each client's education goals. a. To actively assist the clients with homework or school assignments. b. To ensure that sufficient time is structured into each day for the completion of homework or school assignments.
8. To ensure that the health care needs of each child are met. a. To dispense medication as assigned and trained. b. To schedule and keep accurate records of all medical appointments and procedures. c. To accompany the clients to medical and dental appointments, providing support and explaining procedures in understandable terms. d. To contact pharmacy of medication needs and identifying medication.
9. To accept responsibility for the physical care of the clients. a. To supervise, assist, and instruct the clients in their personal hygiene. b. To encourage and instruct the clients in the development of healthy nutritional habits. c. To offer information and education on health related issues. d. To perform routine maintenance tasks including minor housekeeping in a timely manner.
10. To maintain and promote a teamwork relationship with co-workers, supervisors, agency administrators, and other professionals. a. To respect the ideas of others. b. To maintain program consistency. c. To respect and follow established lines of authority. d. To support consensus decisions, and contribute to their formulation.
11. To attend all staff orientation, in-service training, conferences, workshops, and other educational opportunities as assigned. a. To attend all scheduled training. b. To complete all necessary documentation relating to attendance, certification, and evaluation. c. To present program content to other agency staff as assigned.
12. To accept responsibility for the cleanliness and upkeep of the facility. a. To supervise the clients on daily room care and completion of house duties. b. To encourage clients to take pride in the upkeep of the facility through role modeling. c. To report all domain and maintenance tasks in the facility to Program Supervisor and Maintenance. d. To perform routine maintenance tasks including, minor housekeeping in a timely manner.
13. To provide transportation for the clients according to program needs. a. To operate agency or personal vehicles in a safe manner consistent with agency policies and procedures. b. To be aware of and obey all state and local laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of a motor vehicle. c. To maintain agency vehicles according to standards.
14. To assume other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor. a. To assume primary responsibility for the inventory, distribution, purchase, and repair of client's clothing, including all necessary record keeping and documentation. b. To assume primary responsibility for the ordering and proper administration of client's medications including all necessary record keeping and documentation. c. To assume primary responsibility for routine maintenance and cleaning of agency vehicles assigned to the program including all necessary record keeping and documentation. d. To assume primary responsibility for the requisition and distribution of household supplies including all necessary record keeping and documentation. e. To assume primary responsibility for monthly fire and severe weather reports, including all necessary record keeping and documentation.
Must be able to travel and have multi-overnight stays while traveling out of state.