Paramedic - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay ||$24 per hour|
About this job
PARAMEDIC – In Charge
- High School Diploma or GED
- Texas State certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic determined by appropriate state requirements. NREMT preferred but not required
- Current CPR certification as established by the American Heart Association. ACLS, PALS preferred but not required
- Minimum 1 year experience as an in-charge paramedic at a 911 service
- Current and valid Texas issued driver license in good standing
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide appropriate, efficient and timely pre-hospital advanced and basic life support care and transportation of the sick and injured in accordance with local, state, and national standards of practice
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position. Provide appropriate, efficient and timely pre-hospital advanced, intermediate and basic life support care and transportation of the sick and injured in accordance with local, state, and national standards of practice
- Conducts a careful examination of the patient for signs and symptoms of illness/injury and assists other medical personnel as necessary.
- Administers prompt and efficient basic life support care within the limits of licensure or certification and in accordance with approved protocols prior to and during transport.
- Provides careful handling of the patient to and from the ambulance.
- Provides safe and efficient transport of the patient in the ambulance to the medical facility
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with employees and managers.
- Must be knowledgeable of company protocols, operational procedures and safety policies.
- Lifting of patient from beds or emergency scenes onto stretcher and into ambulance; carrying of patients and equipment; climbing stairs or steps (a minimum of 125lbs)
- Provides a safe and efficient transfer of patient and patient care information to the receiving personnel at the destination.
- Documents all aspects of patient condition and treatment on EMS run reports. Obtains and records non-medical patient information as required. Completes other patient documentation and forms as required.
- Conducts regular unit inventory and equipment testing to ensure all equipment for which the EMT-Paramedic is responsible, is present, clean and in proper working order.
- Upon completion of transport, responsible for all assigned duties which will place the ambulance and equipment back in service.
- Responsible for full knowledge of the ambulance’s equipment and its proper use at all times.
- Documents and reports all needed repairs to the proper maintenance departments (electronic or mechanical) as well as to supervisors and other ambulance personnel as required.
- In the absence of other qualified personnel, responsible for controlling the patient’s surroundings
- In both the emergency and non-emergency setting, operates / drives the ambulance in a safe and efficient manner, following company driving guidelines, so the safety or condition of the occupants are not compromised.
- Follows all FCC regulations when communicating via electronic communications equipment.
- Attends all mandatory meetings as scheduled.
- Completes assigned station and station grounds duties.
- Orders supplies and equipment from Supply to replenish ambulance inventories as needed.
- Completes assigned ambulance duties (i.e., washing, waxing, interior and exterior cleaning, etc.) as required.
- Must maintain patient/customer privacy per HIPAA
- Must be able to function in a high stress environment
- Must be able to function in a high call volume service with the possibility of very little to no rest time
- Must be able to work a 48/96 schedule