We are looking for a talented and creative Sales Representative who understands the needs of the participants in the local food industry, including chefs, managers, consumers, and others. This is an opportunity to grow with an established Portland-based specialty food distribution company serving Oregon’s diverse food scene.
Our Representative will play a fundamental role working with customers to capture business and sell Alexis Foods as the local specialty distributor, and will ensure a smooth sales process. You must be comfortable making dozens of face to face interactions a week, generating interest and communicating product opportunities with customers. The ability to multitask in a fast paced environment is the key to success.
- Introduce and recommend new and current products to customers
- Build relationships with current customers and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Compile target list of potential customers with in the territory and actively pursue new accounts.
- Support delivery drivers' with calls and/or potential deliveries.
- Enter invoices accurately using a connection to our data system.
- Problem solve with customers on out-of-stock issues or mispicks.
- Track inventory levels and help forecast to better serve customers
- Must have a passion for food.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the food industry.
- Computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent planning and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to solve problems and resolve any conflicts that arise.
Alexis Foods sources and distributes the highest quality specialty foods, striving to maintain superior quality, exceptional service, and locally sustainable practices. We provide over 1,200 specialty stocked products throughout the entire Northwest.
Alexis Foods has become one of the premier food distributors in the Northwest.
Posting ID: 563721393Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Sales