Synergy Health Partners is looking for a full-time Medical Receptionist to work in our Livonia clinic. This role supports a large private-practice multiprovider clinic.
Under general supervision, performs all duties related to the registration of patients, including obtaining and or verifying current insurance information. Collecting missing information as needed. Collects co-pays and self-responsible portion of charges. Receives and handles incoming telephone calls.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interviews and registers patients, obtaining and updating patient demographic and insurance information. Identifies need for referral if not present in chart. Front desk staff should verify that all testing is available in the EMR as well as any paperwork that the patient brings to the office (testing, history forms, medication lists, new insurance cards, drivers license, films, and disks, etc.)
2. Verifies and reviews patient history for new patients, as well as updating established patient’s files as needed. Scans completed history forms into the EMR.
3. Obtains co-pays and self-responsibility portion of charges / balances, recording collection per established guidelines. Provides receipt for payments.
4. Verifies that patient’s have all of their prescriptions, answer questions as needed, give directions, schedule follow-up appointments as well as pre and post operative appointments. Provide paperwork for surgical patients, medical clearances, etc. Schedules MRIs affiliated facility(s).
5. Updates physician schedule at the end of each clinic, forwarding information to dictation service and the billing department.
6. Balances cash, checks and charge payments according to established guidelines and forwards to the billing department for posting.
9. Performs various clerical duties including answering messages, calling in prescriptions, answers phones, directs patients, and handles mail distribution, scans, and fax documents as needed.
10. Assists physician/provider and clinical support staff by escorting patients, as needed.
Required Certifications, Registration or Licensure:
Minimum Knowledge and Education:
High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
Minimum Work Experience:
One-year clerical experience to include customer service.
One-year front desk – medical office experience preferred
Work requires use of varies clerical office skills including:
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Prefer previous front desk experience.
Normal office environment.