Installation Team Member (Installation Merchandiser)
The Installation Team Member (or Installation Merchandiser) is a part-time position that performs installation and occasional service work in the Hallmark department of various retail stores.
To view the Installation Team Member Career Profile video: Click Here
This is your opportunity to represent the world’s best-known greeting card brand and develop retailer relationships in your community. Hallmark provides paid training, paid travel time and mileage reimbursement between stores and access to a variety of corporate discounts.
There are three major components of this PART-TIME position
- Department Remodels and Resets:
- You will be a part of an installation team and work on activities to include, but not limited to, building Hallmark fixtures, moving card departments, installing new stores, store relocations, and card department remodels.
- Typically you will receive at least a 2-week notice for remodel/reset work.
- Work is typically scheduled Monday through Friday during day hours. Some installation activities may occur during the evening and overnight hours. Weekend work may be required during major holiday periods.
- Schedules will vary.
- Installations are typically scheduled about two weeks in advance, when possible.
- There may be weeks where no installation work is needed.
- There may be some installation activities outside your immediate area. If this occurs, you may be asked to do the following:
- Carpool with other installation team members
- Stay in a hotel overnight
- Product merchandising: You may be asked to work independently or with another Hallmark employee to handle product merchandising. You will use a Hallmark-issued, hand-held mobile device to replenish, straighten and track inventory of Hallmark products. This could include products placed inside the Hallmark department or within other areas of the store.
- Store employee and customer interaction: You must interact in a professional manner with store employees, store management and customers while in the store.
- Holiday Support:
- Hallmark's business is season driven. You may be asked to provide merchandising support during the week prior and after the following holidays - Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- You may be asked to work on the actual holiday for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day.
INSTALLATION MERCHANDISER REQUIREMENTS
- Basic knowledge of using tools like screwdrivers, box cutters, and hammers
- Occasional nighttime work and overnight travel
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
This is a physically demanding job that requires a high level of energy and a sense of urgency. You will be working on the selling floor as well as in back stockrooms. You must be able to consistently push, pull, lift, and carry cartons, merchandise and display fixtures up to 30 pounds throughout the work day and up to 50 pounds on occasion. You will also be required to stoop, squat, walk, and stand throughout your work day, and you may be required to climb stairs and step ladders.
REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
- Access to a Wi-Fi network and the internet
- Able to operate hand-held technology provided to open and read documents and interpret information
- Flexibility to work a changing work schedule that may include an occasional evening or weekend
- Reliable transportation to report to assigned locations as scheduled
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to read, understand and communicate in English
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- May be required to work the week before and the week after major holidays
Posting ID: 564189701Posted: 2020-07-16