We are seeking a Food And Beverage Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for training and supervising the service team in order to provide customers with a memorable dining experience.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
· Responsible for management of dining service throughout the clubhouse.
· Maintains a high level of member contact throughout service hours.
· Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Assure a high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in personnel and cleanliness of dining room. Ensures timeliness of food service. Supervise and train dining room staff. Manage within budgetary restraints. Develop and implement programs to increase revenues through repeat business and higher check averages.
· Designs floor plans according to reservations.
· Plans dining room set-up based on anticipated guest counts and client needs.
· Takes reservations, checks table reservation schedules and maintains reservations log.
· Greets and seats members and guests.
· Inspects dining room employees to ensure that they are in proper and clean uniforms at all times.
· Hires, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates dining room staff.
· Confirms time, attendance and hours worked and approves weekly departmental payroll prior to submitting it to the Payroll Office.
· Produces daily or meal-period revenue analyses and other reports from point of sale (POS) systems used in the dining room.
· Performs daily POS closeout and tip distribution requirements (if applicable). Verifies proper distribution of tips and hours for employees and submits to Payroll Office.
· Provides appropriate reports concerning employee hours, schedules, pay rates, job changes, tip pools, etc.
· Receives and resolves complaints concerning dining room service.
· Serves as liaison between the dining room and kitchen staff.
· Assures that all side-work is accomplished and that all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to schedule.
· Directs pre-meal meetings with dining room personnel; relays pertinent information such as house count and menu changes, special member requests, etc.
· Able to lead staff through all service types such as American, Russian, French and Buffet.
· Assures the correct appearance, cleanliness and safety of dining room areas, equipment and fixtures; checks the maintenance of all equipment in the dining room and reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns.
· Makes suggestions about improvements in dining room service procedures and layout.
· Trains staff on all aspects of the POS system.
· Develops and supervises the revenue control system.
· Assures that the dining room and other club areas are secure at the end of the business day.
· Maintains an inventory of dining room items including silverware, coffee pots, water pitchers, glassware, flatware and china, salt and pepper holders, sugar bowls and linen and ensures that they are properly stored and accounted for.
· Develops and maintains the dining room reservation system.
· Develops and implements an ongoing marketing program to increase dining room business.
· Monitors dining room labor and supplies budget; makes adjustments to achieve financial goals.
· Utilizes computer to accurately charge members, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence.
· Develops and continually updates and refines policy and procedure manuals for service staff to increase quality and to control costs.
· Assists in service as needed.
· Attends scheduled staff meetings.
· Plans operating budget for dining service responsibilities.
· May serve as club’s opening and closing manager or manager on duty.
· Works with Executive Chef to update, review and print weekly menu changes.
· Assists in developing wine lists and beverage promotions.
· Tracks wine sales.
· Assures that local and state laws and the club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
· Performs other appropriate assignments and projects as required by the Clubhouse Manager and General Manager.
Licenses and Special Permits
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Pay Commensurate with Experience