This is a unique role for someone who likes to wear many hats in an IT organization! This position is responsible for providing technical assistance to computer system users, answering questions, and resolving problems. This position may also be involved in setting up and moving equipment, deploying and configuring certain applications, as well as working with data in spreadsheets. This position will also be involved in future analytics efforts and has the potential to grow into other software and hardware support activities, including technology related to Industry 4.0.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist end users in answering hardware and software related questions and issues, which may require hardware or software replacement/modification.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Perform data analysis as needed, and create basic data visualizations.
- Assist ETA manager and business users with Industry 4.0 projects as needed.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support as needed.
- By working with the current team, gain the knowledge to manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software, including VMWare. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- By working with the current team, gain the knowledge to manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or candidate in computer related field preferred
- Basic knowledge of planning, supporting, and securing a Windows Active Directory domain
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Office 365 and Excel
- Basic knowledge of servers, routers, and switches
- Ability to communicate professionally with users and vendors verbally and in written form, and the unique ability to communicate technical issues and opportunities to non-technical users
- Knowledge or experience with administration and support of hardware and software systems is helpful
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
Bedford Industries offers its employees a competitive total rewards package both professionally and personally. Below are a few of the benefits that we offer to full time employees.
- Medical Insurance (traditional and HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Employee, Spouse and Children
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k + Employer Match
- Profit Sharing
Work and Life
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
In addition to our total rewards package, we offer a great, casual work environment where our employees play a large part in the development and growth of our company. We are forward thinking, innovative and provide cutting edge technology.
Posting ID: 564204664Posted: 2020-10-19