The Cooks at Jimboy's Tacos prepare and cook food in a fast-casual restaurant environment with a limited menu. Duties of the cook include the preparation of menu items and normally involves operating large-volume single-purpose cooking equipment.
Cook Job Duties Include:
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in all work areas.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, fryers, or griddles.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity and accuracy.
- Read food order slips/screens and prepare and cook food according to standards.
- Wash, cut and prepare foods.
- Properly measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Cook and package batches of food which are prepared to order
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Prepare beverages and stock beverage system.
- Clean, stock and restock workstations and display cases.
- Prep items such as meat, to prepare them for later use.
- Take delivery of supplies.
- Inform restaurant leadership if low on supplies.
- All other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Must attend all JNA workshops and understand and demonstrate the Jimboy’s vision and culture.
- 1-2 years of cooking experience in restaurants or an in-house promotion.
- Requires a High School diploma, GED certificate or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read orders and labels as required.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must possess and maintain Food Handlers Certification.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Constant standing with some walking. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours). Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands. Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 35 pounds. Occasionally required to lift and/or move items up to 65 pounds. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Posting ID: 564560073Posted: 2020-07-25