Patient Care Tech, Medical Surgical, Full-Time job, Days, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for Patient Care Tech to join our Medical Surgical Team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full time job is located at Lovelace Westside Hospital, which provides care to Albuquerque's Westside and Rio Rancho, including the area's only inpatient pediatric unit, a kid-friendly emergency room and senior care emergency room services. Named a Pinwheel Champion by the Institute for Patient and Family-Centered Care. Patient Care Tech Job Requirements:
Patient Care Tech Education and Experience Job Requirements:
- Performs all duties of the Patient Care Tech as defined by department competencies.
- Greets patients and escorts them to the exam room. Weighs patients, takes vital signs and patient history, and documents chief complaint.
- Prepares exam room for next patient and assures supplies are available for exam; may schedule appointments and obtains referral when necessary.
- Maintains safety practices according to hospital policy to ensure safe delivery of patient care.
Why Lovelace Westside?
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Desired: Completion of a Medical Assistant, Nurse Tech, or Certified Nursing Assistant program.
- Experience in Phlebotomy or completion of a Phlebotomy course is preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Desired: Experience in a healthcare setting
- BLS Required
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
- "A" grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, 2017
- Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work (2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008)
- Lovelace Bariatric accredited as a Level 1 facility under the Bariatric Surgery Center Network Accreditation Program of the American College of Surgeons
Posting ID: 564661924Posted: 2020-10-06