Prepares menu items according to company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed by Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty. Operates in a safe manner to ensure both Food Safety and that other employees remain safe.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
• Uses, maintains, and cleans all kitchen line equipment, plus preparation and storage areas.
• Stocks and rotates products on cooks line either through preparation of food and/or of stocking from stock.
• Has sufficient knowledge of cooking stations and prep stations, the menu items and prep procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and performance standards.
• Cooks and prepares menu items according to guest request within company standards and following food safety and sanitation procedures.
• Upholds food safety and security standards at all times.
* Capable of using knives, slicing equipment and other food preparation equipment safely
* Ability to read and understand recipes.
* Able to lift and carry 30-40 pounds several times per shift.
* Must have sufficient mobility to move and/or operate in work area. Bending, turning, twisting upper body, reaching for up to 10 times per day.
* Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 4 hours.
* This position requires work in hot environments both front of the house and in the back of the house for a restaurant
* Must meet any federal, state, county or municipal regulations pertaining to the service of food and beverages, e.g. ServSafe Certifications.
* Team Members must work well with limited supervision within their specific position functions but must be highly interactive with other Team Members to accomplish work.