Location: 7151 Rivers Ave, North Charleston, South Carolina 29406 Summary:
Ensures friendly and receptive environment for guests and provides administrative functions of the sales department through accurate recording of customer traffic and production of reports with critical sales process metrics. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Performs opening and closing Guest Services procedures.
- Answers incoming phone calls in a courteous, prompt, and professional manager.
- Directs phone calls to the appropriate person
- Takes accurate messages.
- Directs customers to the appropriate person or department.
- Manages the desk log, phone up log, loaner agreement log, dealer plate log, and gas card log.
- Tracks and filters all incoming calls and takes messages.
- Communicates effectively with Guest Services Manager and Greeters.
- Reconciles/updates data entry with dealership software.
- Produces Daily Reports: Daily Update (1, 5, Close), Performance Metric (core Guests Services reports).
- Walks around the showroom hourly to offer refreshments to guests.
- Provides a warm, positive and happy environment for Guests, their children and fellow teammates.
- Helps maintain a clean and comfortable environment (monitor facility)
- Provides new hire Customer Management training when requested
- Maintains CSI at or above Company standards
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area
- Participates in required training
- Records all hours worked accurately in company timekeeping system
- Follows Safeguards rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the Company's Core Values
- Complies with Company policies and procedures
- Observes all Federal, State, Local and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with medical conditions to perform the essential functions. Desired Education:
High School Diploma
o Associate Degree
o Bachelor Degree
o Master Degree
o Doctorate Degree Field of Study/Work Experience:
o Human Resources
o Information Technology Desired Work Experience:
up to 3 years
o 3-5 years
o 5+ years Education/Experience:
Previous customer service experience desired. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are required. Certificates and Licenses:
o Valid Driver's License
o Automobile Salesperson License Computer Skills:
Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Products. Ability to learn Dealership Management System and web based applications utilized in operations. Communication Skills:
Ability to understand and follow instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and company
personnel. Attendance Expectations:
The position requires regular and predictable attendance. Scheduled shifts may include evening hours, weekends, and holidays. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel. Environment Demands:
Duties are performed primarily in the showroom or outdoor sales lot. Heavy phone work. Work includes frequent clerical and administrative responsibilities and interaction with customers and employees. Due to the nature of this position, employee may be exposed to various work environments. Verbal and Writing Ability:
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Math Ability:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations. Core Values:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following Core Values: Servant Leadership
Servant Leaders consciously put the needs of others before their own, because to serve people is to value them. Teamwork through Trust & Respect
Diversity is strength, and when we trust and respect one another we can work as a team to achieve at a high level. Integrity
Being honest and transparent with people, in an effort to do the right thing within the letter and spirit of the law, drives every action we take and every decision we make. Commitment to Customer Enthusiasm
Every day we recommit ourselves to the customer experience, and we are empowered to exceed the expectations of our customers. Passion for Winning
Hendrick's tradition of winning is based on the idea of striving to be the best, not the biggest, and is therefore defined by how we treat our people. Accountability at All Levels
Taking ownership of our actions and our decisions allows us to grow as individuals, and support each other as a team. Commitment to Continuous Improvement
Every day we soften our hearts as well as our egos, in order to seek out and improve upon areas of opportunity within ourselves and our team.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of the company.
Hendrick Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information regarding the EEOC, please visit https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf.