$14.50/hr, plus $2000 new hire bonus, see details below
Role pays between $14.50 (Day Shift) and $16.24 (Night Shift) an hour.
Job Summary: The Production Worker is responsible for performing a variety of entry-level tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Receive direction from the supervisor and notify the supervisor when more work is needed.
• Maintain the work area, machinery, and tools in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
• Follow all safety procedures, rules, and guidelines; and notify the supervisor of any existing or potential safety issues.
• Follow all standard operating procedures and notify the supervisor of potential procedural improvements.
• Assist in other work areas when the workload permits or requires.
• Cooperate with and support co-workers and get involved as a team player.
• Meet or exceed the production standards for the position.
• Accurately, thoroughly, and legibly complete all documentation related to this position; i.e., production reports, accurate time keeping, etc.
• Observe closely the operation of tools and machinery and notify the supervisor immediately of malfunctions or maintenance that may be needed.
• Monitor product constantly to ensure that quality standards are being met, and reject product that does not meet quality standards.
• Performs related work as directed:
Feeds the Finish Sander; takes panels from a pallet and places them under the sander.
Piling table or belt; take cut blanks from table or belt and place these blanks on appropriate pallet, sorting these pieces by size. Blanks weigh 1-2 pounds but because of rapid pace, need to pick up several at a time.
Tailing the gang saw; after boards have been cut lengthwise by gang saw, boards are pulled from conveyor and stacked on appropriate cart. Boards are 8-16 feet long and up to 3 inches wide. Sort boards according to size, so need to recognize the difference between 1¾, 2½, 2¾, etc.
Lay up panels on the gluer; lay staves together by matching color and grain pattern. Place these staves on conveyor to be placed in gluer clamps.
• Observe closely the operation of any area assigned to, so that when an operator position becomes available, the skills necessary to perform that job are mastered.
NOTE: For individuals with nut allergies, please be advised that there is the potential to be exposed to nut products when working in our facilities.REM-03 WS-03
Shift start: 6:00AM or 7:00PM
Shift length: 10 hours
Day Shift Mon-Thur 6:00 a to 4:30 p OR Night Shift 7:00 p to 5:30 a -10 hour shift with overtime on Friday as needed
New Hires are eligible for a $500 bonus after 90 days, $500 after 180 days of employment and $1000 after one year as long as they have no final warnings related to safety attendance or performance.About Quanex Building Products
Quanex Building Products Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides components for the fenestration industry worldwide. It operates through three segments: North American Engineered Components, European Engineered Components, and North American Cabinet Components. The company offers flexible insulating glass spacers; extruded vinyl profiles; window and door screens; cabinet doors and other components for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the kitchen and bathroom cabinet industry; and precision-formed metal and wood products, as well as solar panel sealants, trim moldings, vinyl decking and fencing products, water retention barriers, and conservatory roof components.