1. Making a written pre-trip and post-trip inspection on truck and fills out a DOT inspection form at the end of each shift.
2. Driving to and from farms at both day and night with a driving range of 20 minutes to 2 ½ hours without a stop making 1-4 trips per shift to supply plant with birds.
3. Must cover loads with canvas if temperature falls below specified policy and at the plant must cut on cooling shed fans if temperature exceeds specified policy.
4. When arriving at the plant the truck must be filled with fuel before driving across the scales.
5. Unbind cages for loading at the farm and bind cages after loading.
Pay is per load hauled at a rate of 69.62 per haul, 39.09 per short haul and $11.38/hour for downtime.REM-02 WS-02 WS-TC
Shift start: Based on route
Shift length: Based on route
Sunday - Thursday, some Friday night work required.
Perdue Farms is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone they touch through innovative food and agricultural products. Since their beginning on Arthur Perdue’s farm in 1920, to their expansion into agribusiness and the introduction of the PERDUE® brand of chicken and turkey under Frank Perdue. Continuing with their third generation of leadership with Chairman Jim Perdue, they've remained family-owned and family operated. They are working to become the most-trusted name in food and agricultural products.