Job Details Utilizes medical and administrative skills to provide support to patients and health care staff. Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of physician or nurse, assists with performing assessments by contacting recently discharged patients via telephone to gather information related to health maintenance over the phone and documents patient care given, updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately identifies medication changes and updates allegories at each visit.
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition.
- Administers specific medications under direction of physician.
- Interacts with all callers in a professional and courteous manner in an effort to establish a therapeutic rapport.
- Assists in pre-visit planning, update of health maintenance tab.
- Follows established interview process and the specific survey guidelines and documents interactions using appropriate grammar and spelling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- Military training as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic (68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be considered.
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency with phlebotomy required, proficiency in EKG desired.
- Completion of a clinical externship.
- MA Certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification through American Heart Association (AHA) or must be obtained during New Hire Period.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of one year health care experience in a similar setting.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require extended periods of sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision and good audio acuity.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Posting ID: 567943278Posted: 2021-03-11Job Title: Medical