Job Details Serves as team leader of assigned function while also performing the duties of an Environmental Service Worker. Responsibilities:
- Conducts general training for new employees in floor care, wall washing, carpet cleaning, and special procedures.
- Cleans patient rooms and other assigned areas daily, including collecting and removing trash, changing bed linens and sanitizing all surfaces.
- Follows policies and procedures on patient isolation.
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in patient rooms as necessary or designated.
- Maintains cart and equipment in clean, working condition and stores in appropriate storage area when finished with shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certifications:Complexity of Work:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- A minimum of one year experience in Environmental Services preferred with strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others in coordinating multiple tasks.
- Some leadership or experience providing work direction helpful.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires full body motion, including ability to perform work while lifting, bending, stooping, crouching, squatting and reaching.
- Requires continuous walking and standing on hard surfaces.
- Requires regular handling and use of disinfectants and other cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Light Work - Exerting 11 to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Experience leading a team of three or more
- Working knowledge of cleaning chemical usage expectations preferred
- Floor care/restoration experience preferred
- Computer/smart-phone operational experience preferred (Microsoft Office, iPhone)
Posting ID: 567943341Posted: 2021-03-11Job Title: Environmental Services Team