Job Details Supports the nurse manager with the supervision of RN staff and other assigned nursing support personnel. Responsibilities:
- Provides direction and support to the unit staff and supervises admissions, conducts assessment of patient's needs, and initiates nursing care plans.
- Evaluates and documents patient progress.
- Facilitates the planning, implementation, development, and evaluation of nursing programs, initiatives and objectives for the unit.
- Assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures to insure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit. Serves as a liaison between the manager, staff and other areas within the organization.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services in a unit.
- Prepares schedule of work assignments assuring adequate coverage.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement projects, outcomes studies and research initiatives.
- Participates in department and committees as assigned.
- Assists in orienting new personnel, continuing education and in-service educational programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Strong demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills; good oral, written and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and organization skills.
Complexity of Work:
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA)provider status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is administered. If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC - adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum two year recent clinical nurse experience required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Posting ID: 567943514Posted: 2021-03-11