Job Details Utilizes medical and administrative skills to provide support to patients and health care staff under the supervision of a physician or nurse. Responsibilities:
- Assists with performing screening and treatments by gathering information related to health maintenance, collecting specimens and documenting patient care.
- Updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately identifies medication changes and updates allergy information at each visit.
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Administers specific medications under direction of provider.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination areas.
- Assists in pre-visit planning by updating the health maintenance tab.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient registration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an approved Medical Assisting Program. (As designated by the Enterprise MA Steering Committee)
- Military training as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic (68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be considered.
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Completion of a clinical externship. (Extensive clinical experience may be considered in lieu of formal clinical externship).
Complexity of Work:
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Successful completion of CC Externship preferred.
- Clinical proficiency with phlebotomy required.
- Proficiency in EKG desired.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Posting ID: 567943547Posted: 2021-03-11Job Title: Medical Assistant