Human Resources Manager
Location: Cumberland, Maryland
Extensive, rigorous COVID protocols in place to keep our employees safe
About Hunter Douglas:
Hunter Douglas is the established worldwide design leader and most sought after name in custom window fashions and a major manufacturer of architectural products. Ever since we created the aluminum blind in 1946, we have continued to redefine our industry with award-winning revolutionary products that deliver extraordinary style and unrivaled functionality at the window. The belief that great design informs all design is the driving philosophy of our company. It fuels our ongoing development of new and proprietary products that lend exceptional beauty and style to the décor while also providing technologically advanced solutions to everyday practical needs, such as insulation at the window, managing natural light, the convenience of motorization, enhanced child safety, sound absorption and much more. Some may think of it as just covering a window. At Hunter Douglas, we see it as The Art of Window Dressing™.
Hunter Douglas has always been a home for innovative thinkers. Established by entrepreneurs, our culture is one of innovation that attracts the best and the brightest. We pride ourselves as a group of passionate and creative individuals continuously seeking out new and novel ways to advance our company, our industry and our employees. With numerous benefits encouraging wellness and growth, Hunter Douglas regards its people as its most valuable resource.
About the Role:
This role will suit an HR professional who is driven, goal-oriented, and thrives in a varied and fast paced environment with the ability to build solid professional working relationships at all levels. With significant knowledge in the principles and practices of Talent Management and Human Resources administration, the successful candidate will have excellent problem solving and communication skills in addition to the ability to partner with leadership to maximize the contribution and engagement of our employees. Will work closely with a wide range of business partners, the ability to command and influence people is key to this role, a willingness to speak their mind to represent the best interests of the employees and business, along with a natural skill to motivate and engage people. This role is based at our Cumberland, MD facility where we fabricate custom window coverings.
- Serves as a member of the site leadership team, partnering with cross functional leaders to drive business performance using business acumen, strong HR knowledge, and change management expertise
- Coaches, mentors, and develops team of 4 HR Professionals. Focuses on continuous improvement within the department
- Develops and executes Talent Management Program to include acquisition of high performers, employee performance management, recognition and rewards, employee development, succession planning, and employee retention
- Enhances organizational effectiveness by coaching and consulting managers, supervisors, and leaders. Provides counsel and support to employees
- Leads the site’s positive employee relations strategy and ensures a culture of engaged employees. Partners with business leaders to drive performance and continued enhancement of the organization’s capabilities and culture that is focused on our values of respect, caring/humility, trust, teamwork, integrity, accountability, quality, and excellence. Manages employee feedback programs (i.e. roundtables, stay interviews, exit interviews)
- Provides performance management guidance to leadership (coaching, counseling, conflict management, career development, promotions, performance improvement, disciplinary actions)
- Attends production meetings to understand staffing and Human Resources requirements real time. Understands/Interprets business reports and reacts proactively and strategically to the data
- Participates in Talent Acquisition, orientation, and onboarding initiatives. Positions the company in the labor market as an attractive employer by joining community network activities and programs
- Coordinates job and wage reviews for new and existing roles at all levels
- Assesses skills and gaps and develops training and educational programs for leadership, production and non-production employees to provide growth opportunities and operational excellence. Coordinates supervisor and group leader/employee training in relevant topics
- Partners with leadership on employee communication programs and initiatives.
- Successfully Collaborates with HR Managers across Hunter Douglas Operations to share best practices
- Successfully addresses conflict
- Measures HR effectiveness through benchmarking and metrics aligned with the business
- Works with HSE to align Human Resources activities with safety initiatives
Key Qualifications Include:
- 7-10 years of experience gained through increasingly responsible HR Business Partner positions, in a progressive manufacturing environment.
- Strong business acumen and HR leadership experience with a proven track record of acting as a strategic HR business partner (operations and contact center environment preferred). Ability to lead through influence in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. Demonstrated experience partnering with the business to solve operational issues
- Proven planning and organization skills leading to the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated communication abilities at multiple levels of the organization
- Goal Driven
- Results Oriented
- Proactive employee relations including fact finding, managing conflicts and developing win/win solutions
- Expert knowledge of applicable Federal and State Laws
- Bachelor’s Degree
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR highly desired
A Leader at Hunter Douglas displays these characteristics:
Adaptability/Flexibility/Responsiveness -- Maintains an optimistic/positive outlook, responding constructively when presented with challenge or change.
Business Savvy -- Aligns organizational structure, systems, processes and talent to achieve desired results.
Communication Skills -- Encourages employees to feel free to openly share their thoughts and feelings.
Critical Thinking – Anticipates events and potential problems before they arise.
Decision Making/Judgment -- Applies knowledge of procedures and values when making decisions.
Driving Change – Initiates/promotes continuous learning and improvement efforts throughout the organization.
Driving Strategic Direction – Communicates/motivates others about the mission, vision, and values.
Empowering Others -- Involves others in problem solving, decision making and planning processes.
Engenders Trust -- Demonstrates and practices high standards of personal and professional integrity.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Hunter Douglas is the market leader in the custom window covering industry. We are looking for candidates with a focus on continuous improvement, innovation, and excellence in all areas of the business. We have multiple locations and multiple career tracks; apply today!