Office Location: Vista Estero - Oakland, CA
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization who develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents.
Under the direction of the Community Manager and the Assistant Community Manager the Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the front office and assisting with administrative needs
Oakland residents will receive first priority.
- Performs administrative duties (sorts and distributes mail, prepares correspondence, posts and distributes tenant notices and serves as a liaison with internal and external vendors)
- Maintains office supplies and equipment; obtains vendor quotations, as needed
- Answers incoming calls and routes messages appropriately
- Ensures organization of front desk
- Complies, maintains, and updates company files
- Assists and monitors Community Policies and House Rules
- Supports residents with work orders and maintains work order log. Ensures work orders are completed and follows up with residents to assure satisfaction
- Assists in new resident application process
- In the event of building emergencies (flood, fire and riots) notifies appropriate emergency or management personnel. Maintains familiarity with emergency evacuation procedures and building systems. (elevator, water shut-off and gas shut off)
- Attends in-house and offsite trainings and company events, as required
- Performs other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent and a minimum of one-year related receptionist or administrative experience or a combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and RealPage) highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with problems and handle residents and customers in a calm, empathetic manner. Sensitivity to issues facing homeless, disabled and elderly populations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks independently and ability to meet deadlines using demonstrated time management skills
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current auto insurance policy
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
Consistent with its obligations under the law, MidPen Housing Corp. will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Posting ID: 568361448Posted: 2020-11-03