The Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley is a new 17-story hotel with 331 suites, located at 2129 Shattuck Avenue in downtown Berkeley, California, 94704 adjacent to the Museum of Modern Art. Steps away from the University of California, Berkeley and across the street from direct access to San Francisco and Oakland California via BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit System). The ground floor will include an expansive hotel lobby, breakfast space and gathering areas to work or socialize. The Hotel has an Outdoor Public Terrace at level 3, with approximately 9,000 square feet of flexible indoor function space. An Outdoor Bar, Restaurant and Deck on the 12th floor provides guests with sweeping views of the beautiful East Bay Hills and World Famous University of California, Berkeley.
Description Join the Brand-New Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley!
Opening this fall, Berkeley's newest hotel destination, The Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley, will offer guests contemporary apartment-style accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, separate living spaces and thoughtful modern amenities. Located in the heart of Downtown Berkeley, this 17 story property with 331 suites will feature over 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space and a rooftop restaurant and bar with expansive and inspiring views of the city. The Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley will embrace our employees through a culture of care, focused on giving respect, offering support and providing rewards.
At this time, we are seeking a detail oriented, outgoing, highly organized individual to join us as our Sales & Catering CoordinatorResponsibilities Will Include:
- Support the Sales office by giving Administrative support to the Director of Sales & Marketing/Director of Sales and Sales Team. Act as an extension of sales department by meeting and greeting visitors, answering, screening and forwarding telephone calls and providing exceptional customer service for internal and external guests and callers.
- Greet and assist visitors, answer incoming calls to the Sales Offices
- Manage CITY, menus, function space
- Distribute Weekly and Daily events
- Enter rooming lists and manage groups blocks, individual reservations as needed
- Receive visitors and guests. Answer questions and concerns, follow up to resolution or refer concerns to the appropriate manager
- Perform clerical duties such as typing correspondence and report filing
- Maintain and upkeep filing system including vendor information where necessary
- Assure all incoming and outgoing correspondence is typed, received, mailed and/or filed as required
- Assist managers in scheduling appointments, meetings and travel arrangements for business trips as required
- Maintain a professional working environment and attitude
- Maintain and upkeep of all office equipment
- Make VIP reservations and trace arrivals as requested
- Maintain inventory of office supplies
- Coordinate department meeting agendas as requested
- Assist Sales Department with BEO's and other administrative meeting arrangements as needed
- Provide additional administrative assistance as directed
- Follow the principles of CARE
The Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. EOE/AA
***Local residents are encouraged to apply***
Requirements Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent, plus two years previous administrative office experience preferred. Previous hospitality experience preferred. Some college preferred. Must speak and write fluently in English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Previous Marriott brand experience a plus
- Strong sense of customer service
- Previous DELPHI experience preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize multiple demands.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.