The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for creating and leading recruiting initiatives to obtain talent for placement in exempt and non-exempt positions across the organization. Functions as a partner with operational and business leaders to match potential and available active and passive talent with current and future employment opportunities to ensure Smithfield achieves its hiring requirements. Operates with a high level of independent judgement and engagement with exposure to all levels of the organization. Helps infuse Smithfield's culture with aspects necessary to ensure successful recruitment, placement and retention of talent within the company through program creation and organizational education. Though there is a preference for this role in our Smithfield, Virginia office, we are open to this position being partially remote work. Preference locations: Virginia Beach, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia; Raleigh, North Carolina
Core Responsibilities Outreach and Engagement
- Creates and leads recruitment and engagement initiatives to procure talent for placement in exempt and non-exempt positions across our organization to ensure Smithfield's hiring and placement objectives are achieved.
- Communicates and engages directly with plants and other hiring centers to establish and fulfill hiring objectives.
- Partners with plant and field based HR teams / recruiters to participate in recruitment and employment events to boost applicant flow within all business units.
- Seeks out new and innovative ideas to proactively attract candidates and build talent networks and pipelines. This may include: social and professional networking sites, resume mining, outreach efforts, career fairs, website postings, special recruiting events and other advertisements as needed.
- Engages in community outreach efforts in order to promote Smithfield as an employer of choice.
- Interacts and build relationships with candidates, managers and senior leadership to ensure smooth transition of talent from a passive or active candidate to a new employee.
- Evaluates results of outreach efforts on a consistent basis. Understands impacts to results and makes necessary course corrections and adjustments to ensure objectives are timely met.
Organizational Engagement and Education
- Screens, selects and schedules candidates to interview. Makes selection recommendations and decisions for new employees and extends employment offers to candidates. Strives to meet diversity hiring and affirmative action goals throughout the Talent Acquisition process and positively impacts time to fill rate and quality of hire.
- Partners with other Talent Acquisition professionals in the company to develop talent pools and shares results obtained in the recruiting process across other channels of the organization, as applicable.
- Utilizes applicant tracking system to create and maintain requisition information, job posting and outreach details and documents talent flow and candidate dispositions. Maintains metrics, analyzes data and creates reports to identify trends and opportunities to improve our talent acquisition processes and maintain requisite Affirmative Action data.
- Partners with operational and business leaders to determine appropriate positions that best match available talent.
- Educates hiring managers and other employees about role requirements to ensure successful recruitment and placement of diverse qualified candidates into the Smithfield organization.
- Develops training or skill transition programs such as internships or On-the-Job training programs where applicable that help foster development and employment of veterans, minorities, and females or others who can transition into roles to fill key skill gaps in the future.
- Develops recruitment and employment brand/materials in partnership with the Talent Acquisition team and in parallel with other employment branding efforts; to include social media, printed materials, outdoor, online content, etc.
- Engages current employees, including employee resource groups, in recruitment and employment branding events.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Independently manages a team of full time positions (i.e. Talent Acquisition Specialist, Sourcing Specialists).
- Leads talent acquisition professional(s) in development and execution of recruitment and employment initiatives.
- Establishes performance expectations and measurements for direct report(s). Holds team accountable for established performance standards necessary to achieve current and future employment objectives.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years' exempt level relevant experience, required.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Recruiting experience for exempt and non-exempt roles in Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics, Marketing, Sales, Safety, Accounting/Finance, IT or other related disciplines, preferably in a CPG organization.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and corporate employment regulations and policies (EEO, Wage and Hour, etc.)
- Possesses knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) programs, policies, and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and discretion to deal with a variety of inquiries from candidates and employees.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, including hiring managers/candidates in remote locations.
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Provides leadership and guidance to Talent Acquisition Specialists and Sourcing Specialists.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.
" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield
and Nathan's Famous
, among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.