POSITION TITLE: Deli Manager
REPORTS TO: Deli Supervisor/Store Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt - 45 Hours
To effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities of the Deli Department to achieve sales and profit goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
2) Ensure compliance with all state, county, and local weights and measures laws.
3) To check and verify all Deli Department deliveries and invoices to ensure accurate billing from vendors.
4) Assist in unloading of deli merchandise, and transport to sales floor or storage areas.
5) Control department expenses.
6) Maintain acceptable inventory levels to ensure highest quality of freshness of all products.
7) Handle damages and spoiled products according to company polices and procedures.
8) Comply with sanitation, safety, and security policies according to company polices and procedures.
9) Responsible for ensuring that all department personnel are properly trained, and work according to all company policies.
10) Maintain a housekeeping program to ensure a clean and orderly department.
11) Effectively train, supervise, and schedule personnel to achieve the highest quality of customer service.
12) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist in slicing and working the counter when necessary.
2) Assist in making deli trays when necessary.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to fifty percent (50%) of the time.
2) Ability to read and write to properly tag merchandise, order merchandise, and maintain an acceptable inventory level.
3) Basic analytical and math skills necessary for interpreting invoices, gross profits, and labor percentages.
4) At least one year of deli experience.
Posting ID: 570067962Posted: 2020-10-06