Aqua Finance, Inc. is looking for team players with an eye for process improvement. We believe people do their best work when they’re happy, so we work to make Aqua Finance a place where everyone can thrive.
We're looking for people who are jacks of all trades: super organized and great at working with people. You will be working in a fast-paced environment with a nimble team that is focused on best in class customer service! There are countless opportunities to make an impact.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk!
Position: Payroll Specialist
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes payroll for employees in the company
- Maintains personnel database regarding salaries
- Gathers information on hours worked for each employee and calculates the correct amount of pay incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses, etc. with the assistance of a computer system
- Administers statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
- Processes taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Keeps track of hour rates, wages, compensations benefit rates, new hire information, etc.
- Addresses issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
- Prepares reports for upper management, finance department, etc.
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees
- Maintains payroll deductions as needed
- Oversees payroll garnishment operations and related activities
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation of the field
- Proficient in MS Office and a good knowledge of Paylocity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with attention to detail
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Physically able to work seated in front of a computer for an extended period
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting, OR
- Three years of Payroll and/or Accounting Experience, OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Part Time
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Consistent Schedule; TBD
Starting Salary Range: Grade 6 $15.03 - $21.06 - Based on Experience
Full Benefits Package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance Plan, 401K with Company match, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Paid-Time-Off and much more!
Casual for Cause - At Aqua Finance, casual day can be every day. We have used the perk to dress casual to help raise money for a variety of charities. https://www.aquafinance.com/who-we-are/news-events/casual-for-a-cause-q1-2016/
Child Care Resources: email@example.com
Aqua Finance provides fast, flexible financing programs to a variety of different industries, including: Water Treatment , Home Improvement, HVAC, Marine, RV, Powersports and more. We develop our programs around your customer’s needs and approve more customers than other lenders.
Aqua Finance, Inc. employees are passionate not only about building great teams, but also about being great teammates. You’ll join a talented team focused on solving problems and identifying opportunities! Awesome career opportunities begin here!
Posting ID: 570129837Posted: 2020-10-19