We ARE Hiring!
The purpose of this job is to clean, sanitize and dry all china, glassware, silverware and other equipment returned to the dish hall station by servers, bartenders, and server assistants or from other BOH associates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains the dish washing station.
- Organizes and places items in trays for washing machine.
- Operates washing machine and dries items before returning them to their proper stock location.
- Washes items by hand that will not fit in machine or not intended for automatic wash before drying and returning those items to their proper location.
- Helps fellow BOH Associates as needed to ensure the restaurant meets guest volume and completes assigned side duties.
- Understands and follows safety and sanitation practices and works with clean and sanitized tools (bus tubs, towels, broom, dustpan, floor sweeper).
- Performs duties that require standing, fast movement throughout the kitchen area.
- Performs side duties including cleaning vents, scrubbing trash cans, cleaning gum from underneath the tables, detailed cleaning of chairs, cleaning of ice bins, replacing light bulbs, setting up sanitizers, cleaning floor sweepers, emptying trash, and taking trash to the dumpster.
- Reports to work on time.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire, according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
Factors Important for Successful Performance in this Position:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is essential.
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the kitchen.
Experience and Educational Requirements
A high school diploma is desired, but not required. Experience with general kitchen techniques and equipment is required.
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be requested)
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.) to and from stock and kitchen locations. Can stand up to 8 hours or longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
- Standing and Walking 100% of the time
- Lifting up to 50 pounds to waist high
- Lifting up to 20 pounds to shoulder high
- Carrying up to 30 pounds for short distances
- Constant exposure to heat
- Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm Climbing ladder and step stool
- Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities in this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Posting ID: 570163504Posted: 2020-09-04