· Set up welding machines based on the job at hand or using a Welding Procedure Specification.
· Read and interpret drawings to determine the specific welding requirements.
· MIG and TIG weld steel, aluminum and stainless steel components based on the specifications of the blueprints and/or drawings.
· Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
· Follow, create and help maintain Welding Procedure Specifications.
· Set up welding cells for serial production runs.
· Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
· Assemble items as instructed by floor superior.
· Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
· Follow all company rules and polices.
· Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
· Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
· Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
· Lift raw materials, final products and items packed for shipment, manually (up to 06 pounds), or with assistance.
· Uphold all safety standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• High school degree or equivalent
• Experience with steel, aluminum and/or stainless steel required
• Experience with MIG and TIG welding highly preferred.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
• Ability to identify and measure material
• Ability to produce quality products consistently
• Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form
• Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses
• Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to factional equivalents and fractions to decimal equivalents
· Must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs at a time
· Must be able to be sit or stand for extended periods of time
· Hourly position with overtime, salary depends on experience
· Comprehensive health benefit package
· 401 (k) retirement plan with a company match
· Paid vacation time
· Fun and fast paced working environment