Job Description MAJOR FUNCTION:
The DOT Delivery Assistant is responsible for the setup of merchandise in the customers' home. Assistant is expected to perform the necessary functions in a safe and professional manner, while staying on schedule to meet our customers' expectations. SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining high performance levels by keeping within the customer time window.
- Preventing unnecessary exceptions, therefore, eliminating additional stops.
- Accurately communicate and document the delivery transaction using either a mobile device or the provided paperwork.
- Unload or load product as needed at stores or warehouse.
- Setting up and securing goods as needed.
- Deliver or perform service as stated on work orders.
- Complete an accurate equipment report.
- Assist in the warehouse or showroom if needed.
- Provide assistance, as a spotter, to the driver when backing is necessary.
- May be called upon to drive delivery vehicle on an as need basis.
Job Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to pass DOT physical and heavy lifting assessment on an annual basis. Must be able to read maps and follow oral and written instructions. Must maintain good driving record in accordance with Havertys policy. Subject to random drug and alcohol testing. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Must have a current valid drivers license with a clean record. Must be able to achieve DOT-certification.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his superior.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Nearest Major Market:
Fayetteville Job Segment:
Posting ID: 570522125Posted: 2020-10-20