We are seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to join our tax team. Bell and Company CPA’s PC is a leading full-service personal financial and business management firm that caters to high net-worth individuals. We manage an established client base in the entertainment, the arts and corporate America.
The ideal candidate must be able to independently prepare complex tax returns, conduct tax research, and perform other accounting related tasks. The position reports directly to the Tax Manager and the Tax Partner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparation of complex corporate, partnership, high net worth individual, trust, and tax-exempt entity tax returns.
• Preparation of business and personal tax projections
• Preparation of financial statements
• Preparation of Form W-2s and 1099s
• Review and adjustment of client’s books and records
• Respond to Federal, State and local tax notices and assist in Federal, State and local audits and examinations
• Conduct research of federal, state and international tax issues
• Advise clients on tax issues
• Ad hoc projects as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 5+ years of accounting and tax experience within public accounting
• Proficient with use of CCH Prosystem Fx Tax, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong tax compliance and accounting skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong time management skills
• Able to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Knowledge of foreign reporting requirements a plus
• CPA certification is a real plus
• Working remotely is NOT available