Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Pharmacy Assistant provides friendly, courteous, and
helpful service. Verifies information for new prescriptions. Receives authorized patient prescription refill
requests. Fills bottle with prescribed tablets or capsules. Inserts pharmacy reference updates.
Answers phone calls not requiring the pharmacist's attention. Receives and stores incoming supplies.
Operates electronic cash register to total customers' final bill. Maintains cleanliness of the pharmacy area
of the store. The Pharmacy Assistant reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
Safeway Pharmacy Assistant employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and
within company policy.
2. Verify information for new prescriptions. Receive authorized patient prescription refill requests.
3. Fill bottle with prescribed tablets or capsules.
4. Insert pharmacy reference updates.
5. Maintain confidentiality of all patient information.
6. Answer phone calls not requiring the pharmacist's attention.
7. Promptly report to the pharmacist all pharmacy complaints and inquires concerning prescriptions or
prescription medication. Notify the pharmacist when agents from any regulatory agency or law
officers contact/visit the Pharmacy.
8. Receive and store incoming supplies.
9. Operate electronic cash register to total customers' final bill. Receive payment for customers'
purchase and count back correct change. Bag purchased items.
10. Maintain cleanliness of the pharmacy area of the store.
11. Comply with all policies and procedures set by company.
12. Other duties as assigned concurrent with all applicable laws and regulations.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
4. Comply with any and all State Board regulations and any license requirements needed.
Varies depending on state requirements.
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
%Inside: 100% %Outside: Rare
Temperature Extremes: N/A
Chemicals: Frequent (prescription pharmaceuticals).
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
carts, box cutters, pens, pencils, spray bottle, rags, telephone/intercom, cash register, credit card reader,
computer, printer, fax
Constant (over 70% of the time)
Constantly lifts 1-10 lbs. Occasionally lifts 11-20 lbs. Seldom lifts 21-50 lbs.
Frequently carries 1-10 lbs. Occasionally carries 11-20 lbs. Seldom carries 21-50 lbs.
Pushing / Pulling:
Occasionally pushes/pulls 1-10 lbs. Seldom pushes/pulls 11-20 lbs.
Constant knee to shoulder level reaching. Occasional overhead and at or above shoulder level reaching.
Constant standing while on job. Sitting allowed on breaks.
Frequent walking while on job.
Seldom. May use step stool or ladder.
Frequent neck rotation, bending of head, bending/stooping, and twisting. Occasional squatting. Seldom
crouching, and kneeling.
Constant handling/grasping. Frequent fine finger manipulation. Seldom repetitive motion.
Use of peripheral vision and depth perception to move around crowded pharmacy area. Near vision used
to read product labels, orders, computer screen displays, and cash register.
To converse with customers, provide service, take orders and perceive questions. Used to converse with
pharmacists and other employees, may speak on telephone or intercom.
To provide service and information to customers and employees and speak on telephone or intercom.
Safeway will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities who can meet
overall job requirements.
Posting ID: 570916956Posted: 2020-10-14