The Diversity, Equality & Inclusion (DE&I) Communications & Engagement Manager will play a pivotal role in building and implementing Company-wide internal communications focused on diversity, equality, and inclusion (DE&I).
This person will be required to develop compelling messaging, content, and platforms to help build a strong internal understanding of Ross' commitment to DE&I and actions the Company is taking. Excellent writing skills, strategic thinking, and experience in dealing with DE&I crises are critical. The position reports to the VP of Communications & Engagement and works with the DE&I team, across the organization and with community partners.
- Work with VP of Communications and VP of DE&I to develop and drive an internal and external communications strategy that enables us to pro-actively plan and showcase the Company's D&I commitment, voice, and accomplishments.
- Develop a playbook (pro-active strategy) for DE&I crisis communications protocols.
- Shape, build, and keep content current on Company portals and operational web sites.
- Develop editorial calendar, copy, and programs that drive traffic to the pages. Regularly measure and adjust programming based on metrics and feedback.
- Develop internal and external messaging, outlines, full presentations and speeches for use when addressing DE&I related topics.
- Ensure consistent branding across all DE&I communications.
- Build and implement communications plans to support Employee Resource Groups (called Community Networks at Ross), Training Programs, and External Partnerships.
- Manages Conflict
- Organizational Agility
- Leads by Example
- Business Acumen
- Communicates Effectively
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Proven track record in the field of corporate or Associate communications with a focus on DE&I.
- Previous DE&I crisis management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal relationships, including executive level, in mid- to large-size organizations, preferably a public and/or global company or has worked in an agency with similar client profiles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to convey information and ideas through high-quality verbal and written communication to individuals or groups.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive situations discreetly.
- Strategic mindset with experience managing multiple projects simultaneously; ability to track projects with varying deadlines.
- Knowledge and awareness of current events and trends in the D, E & I space
- Strong judgment and interpersonal skills, including ability to build personal credibility and trust.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and be able to act quickly and confidently.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.