CEFCO Convenience Stores are looking for a Restaurant Store Manager to join our team! We are looking for individuals who love customer service and strive to provide a positive interaction with every customer! You will operate the cash register, restock as needed, maintain the cleanliness of the store, and provide the best customer service to each one our guests. The Restaurant Store Manager provides overall supervision and management of the restaurant. This position ensures total guest satisfaction while increasing sales, profits, and brand awareness through excellent execution of operational standards and guidelines.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
- Trains and develops hourly shift supervisors and team members in all areas of shift cost control.
- Ensures all products are prepared and served according to company standards; utilizing only authorized products and procedures. Updates and maintains appearance of merchandise and product displays as needed/required.
- Ensures routine equipment and small wares maintenance is completed on a regular basis.
- Monitors food and labor costs through constant evaluation of training, productivity, and weekly food and labor projections compared to actual hours and food cost budget.
- Controls expenditures of restaurant to meet budgetary requirements.
- Ensures all cash control procedures are implemented and followed by hourly staff and members and trainees.
- Correctly handles all staff and guest incident reporting by utilizing appropriate forms and procedures.
- Conducts safety inspections on a monthly basis and develop action plans with the management team relative to safety and sanitation issues.
- Organizes and updates all office notebooks and posted materials as needed.
- Supports, implements, and executes local marketing initiatives.
- Ensures all state and federal guidelines regarding food safety, labor regulations, or other mandated statues requires by law are followed.
- Supports training programs and development processes to improve staff.
- Assists in developing team members to prevent shortages within staff and management team.
- Ensures immediate supervisor is informed of all business matters pertaining to areas of responsibility.
- Performs all duties in a timely, effective, and professional manner in accordance to established guidelines.
- Demonstrates effective project management, communication, and follow-up skills.
- Maintains confidentiality with information or knowledge considered sensitive or confidential in nature.
Hourly / Management Schedule Requirements:
- Schedules hourly staff according to labor sales grids and budget guidelines.
- Works a combination of open and closes, enabling all management to have full understanding of restaurant operational requirements.
- Assist with planned events, ordering days, manager meetings, area meetings, and other special events.
- Submits management and hourly schedules to District manager for approval on a weekly basis.
- Supervises hourly staffs to deliver outstanding product and services that meet and exceed our guest's expectations.
- Practices teamwork by communicating with and assisting all team members.
- Uses checklists to ensure proper set-up and close down of each shift.
- Performs regular dining room checks and line checks to ensure overall efficiency of restaurant operations.
- Coaches and directs staff and management using effective verbal communication skills in support of this Restaurant's operating mission, vision, and principles.
- Takes complete ownership-mentality of shifts to ensure daily successful execution of the Restaurant's brand and operations.
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- 5+ years' progressive experience in food service (most recently in an Assistant Manager role).
- Must have food safety certification.
- Must be able to read and write English (Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply).
- Must be able to write, analyze, and evaluate operating reports, manual, internal and external business correspondence.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Customer service attitude.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting ID: 571331493Posted: 2020-09-03