PET GROOMING SALON MANAGERWe value your experience and are offering a $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS! ABOUT OUR SALONS:
When our pets inspire us to be to be more loving and caring individuals, it's no surprise that our Grooming Salon Manager truly embodies those qualities. With your patience, guidance and passion for helping others, you'll help to lead the operations of the grooming salon-from head to tail! You'll build relationships with clients, champion exceptional customer service, lead your associates, and drive results to grow the business. ABOUT THE ROLE:
As our Pet Grooming Salon Manager, you will:
ABOUT YOUR CAREER:
- Onboard all new salon associates and groomers, ensuring their completion of all training requirements and annual safety certifications, evaluating the quality of grooms, and providing ongoing learning opportunities
- Perform Hands on Pet (HOP) assessment on all pets to recommend services and build trust with the pet parents
- Perform dog grooming services to breed standards and to client's personal preferences and hold your groomers to those same standards
- Ensure the safety and well-being of every pet and associate in the store, taking immediate action whenever necessary
And while we're there for pets at every stage of their lives, we'll also be with you at every stage of your career. With PetSmart, you will have opportunities to:
THE WARM AND FUZZIES:
- Gain experience in a different business unit like the store or the Pets Hotel
- Develop your leadership skills as a District Academy Trainer or a Quality and Education Manager
- Tackle the challenge of a new salon opening or turning around a struggling salon
- Transfer to any one of our 1600 stores nationwide
We've highlighted job responsibilities and programs as best as we could above-but the best parts of working at PetSmart can't be fully described in the job description.
- It's the pride of the giving Mickey a makeover in our salons watching him strut his stuff on the way out. Paws off, ladies, he's taken!
- It's the excitement of Walter's wagging tail during his bath or Sadie's smile after her teeth are cleaned.
- It's the gussying up of Gizmo for this year's holiday photoshoot. (Fun fact: many of our groomer receive holiday cards from their clients!)
- It's the little things we do that add up to really big things that pets need.
Working at PetSmart is not a job, it's a community of those who work together for the love of pets.
Apply now to experience a career that loves you back.
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work associates/leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. You will be provided a copy of a job description for the actual position you are hired in to.
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law.
Applicants must be over the age of 18.
For applicants in our Waterloo, San Francisco, or Los Angeles locations: Pursuant to the Waterloo and San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as well as the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the law.