$5,000 SIGN ON BONUSHOME EVERY NIGHT!
At United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI), we know people thrive when they can do what they enjoy. We take our mission of discovering top talent and serving our associates seriously. That's why we hire the brightest and most passionate individuals. Our goal is to keep you fulfilled, happy, and continually learning.
UNFI is seeking motivated individuals to fill our Driver careers based out of our Bronx, NY domicile. CDL- Class A Truck Drivers are needed in our growing company!
If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today. Our Truck Drivers are responsible for delivering products to customers, loading and unloading the truck in a safe and timely manner according to UNFI procedures, minimizing delays and reporting problems, and picking up supplies and back-hauls from vendors. Job Responsibilities
The essential functions and basic duties of the CDL Driver are to perform pre and post trip inspection of their vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. As a Delivery Driver, you are also responsible for delivering and unloading products, reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy, checking orders for correct number of boxes, correcting addresses and support documentation, completing time cards, entering trip data into on-board computer, and completing paper logs if necessary.
Additional Functions Include:
- Complying with FMCSA regulations
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices which assist delivery
- Operating vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public
- Reporting any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure; reporting any defects promptly using DCVR form
- Picking up supplies and back hauls from vendors while completing related paperwork
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond precisely to the initial order
- Communicating professionally with customers and vendors
UNFI takes great care of our employees, so we want our benefits to work for you!
Great work-life balance, pay & conditions
Drive for UNFI- the best route delivery job there is!
- Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Excellent 401(k) Plan with a generous Company match
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Annual safety incentive programs
- Local and regional route options
- 4 or 5 day dispatch cycles
- Short replacement cycles for our state-of-the-art fleet
- On-board satellite communications with paperless logs and trip reports
- Private transportation company, not for hire
As a Delivery Driver, you must have solid understanding of receiving and shipping functions and display good time management, computer, and math skills. It is also important that you have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Our successful drivers require specific certifications, knowledge, and experience as outlined below:
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver's License (Class A and CDL Drivers require respective licensing)
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and mandates and understanding of UNFI's safety standards
- Must be at least 21 years of age
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.