MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST
We are looking for a team member with account receivable medical billing experience to join our follow up team. This person will be a full-time, goal-oriented, revenue-driven, highly accurate and motivated Biller.
Primary duties include :
1. Consistently follow up on unpaid claims using monthly aging reports
2. Filing appeals when appropriate to obtain maximum reimbursement
3. Establish and maintain strong relationships with providers, clients, patients and fellow staff.
Secondary duties include:
1. Data entry of all patient demographic, guarantor and insurance information.
2. Posting procedures and insurance/patient payments
3. Excellent customer service manners in responding patient inquiries.
· Computer experience is essential: practice management software, word processing and spreadsheet applications
· Experience in CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding; familiarity with medical terminology.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage relationships with various Insurance payers.
· Experience in filing claim appeals with insurance companies.
· Neat appearance; pleasant speaking voice and demeanor; positive attitude.
· Responsible use of confidential information.
· Perform to company standards of compliance with policies and procedures.
· Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees, clients and patients.· ·Dermatology Experience
DETAILED WORK ACTIVITIES
· Ensure all claims are submitted with a goal of zero errors.
· Verifies completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission.
· Accurately Post all insurance payments by line item.
· Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions.
· Meet deadlines.
· Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits.
· Utilize monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days.
· Make necessary arrangements for medical records requests, completion of additional information requests, etc. as requested by insurance companies.
· Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and providers.
· Regularly meet with Billing Manager to discuss and resolve reimbursement issues or billing obstacles.
· Perform additional duties as requested by Supervisory or Management team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION. High School diploma or equivalent. Prefer Associates degree/Certificate in Medical Billing and Coding . Monday-Friday *flexible
Job Type: Full-time
Powered by JazzHR