Zakat Foundation of America is an international charity organization that helps generous and caring people reach out to those in need. Our goal is to address immediate needs and ensure the self-reliance of the poorest people around the world with Zakat and Sadaqah dollars of privileged Muslims and the support of other generous donors.
Zakat Foundation is seeking a Marketing Manager for the Marketing & Communications Department. The Manager helps with the day to day marketing activities of the organization. Reporting to the Director of Brand Communications. The Manager will manage project timelines, help with annual campaigns and all direct-to-consumer marketing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Help build campaigns to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments in support of Zakat Foundation’s overall strategic marketing needs
• For select marketing projects manage and lead deliverable from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders and leveraging the right internal processes
• Develop project timelines and track key phases critical to project success
• Ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of marketing campaigns
• Coordinate marketing campaigns to align with Programs Department’s key projects • Participate in brainstorming meeting for new campaign launches
• Manage and improve fundraising campaigns, measuring results.
• Ensure campaigns are on brand and help further Zakat Foundation’s identity
• Manage a wide range of different marketing materials to meet the needs of the market
• Regularly evaluate marketplace to gain a competitive advantage via marketing and positioning campaigns
• Work closely with internal Creative Services team and other internal stakeholders, and external agencies and vendors
• Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
• Must have 3+ years of experience in marketing or similar field with a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or similar
• Experience building marketing programs and reporting on the results
• Must be familiar with the marketing project process e.g. Creative brief, project kick-offs, copy-writing, creative, ad reviews etc.,
• Exposure to digital and direct response marketing
• Strong creative outlook, written and verbal communication skills
• Competence as a creative writer with an eye for great emails and landing pages
• Strong project management skills and problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
• Excellent multitasking skills
• Work effectively with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent resident, or otherwise legally authorized to work in the U.S. No visa sponsorships.
The Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Brand Communications and will receive periodic direction from the Head of Marketing & Communications.
Zakat Foundation of America Headquarters Office, Bridgeview, IL.
1. The work is office based.
2. Position requires frequent and regular phone and computer use.
3. Workplace is smoke-free and drug-free environment.
4. Equal opportunity employer
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor