Jessup is looking for a Material Handler to join our growing organization! The Material Handler moves raw materials from inventory into and throughout the production areas for processing. Removes finished goods from the production areas to the shipping areas or to the finished goods warehouse.
- Delivers material promptly and in accordance with production schedule to the production areas
- Properly identifies all materials returned to inventory
- Removes all finished goods promptly from the production areas to shipping or the finished goods warehouse
- Moves finished goods from warehouse for packaging or shipping
- Performs inventory transactions using JENISYS
- Participates in physical inventory functions
- Suggests changes to improve quality, efficiency, safety, or communication
- Follows all safety practices and immediately corrects or reports unsafe conditions. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by department supervisor
Education & Experience:
- Entry level position
- Experience maintaining paperwork and records
- Ability to read and comprehend Work orders and pick lists.
- Must be able to operate fork lift truck safely.
- Moderate computers familiarity.
- Ability to propel and control heavy chemical vats (100's of lbs.) on wheeled pallets across warehouse and production floor and up and down slight ramps.
- Must be able to push, pull, and make other movements necessary to move multi-ton rolls of material from warehouse shelves, to forklift, and to proper positioning on machine. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs of weight.
Posting ID: 571690496Posted: 2020-10-18