Job Title: Kindergarten Teacher
As early education leaders, we're influencing the next generation of learners, leaving a strong, lasting, positive impact on our children. The Kindergarten teacher position requires crafting an enriched learning experience and creating a positive environment that helps to set the stage where milestones are celebrated and encouraged. Our Kindergarten teachers are skilled in teaching methods that motivate and challenge. You'll enjoy engaging with parents as partners in their child's growth and development, have the ability to multi-task and a "can do" attitude. COA offers a supportive environment where you are encouraged to grow in your field and share your passion for teaching with children, parents and co-workers. Additionally, from our more than 65 school locations, you'll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative.
Our program serves preschool children 6 weeks - 12 years of age. Programs include, Infant, Toddler, Preschool 1 Preschool 2, Pre-K, and Before and After Care.
Children of America (COA)
It's a special recipe of people, principles and pride that makes the COA rich in diversity and strength. COA is an organization that understands the value of its people; one that prides itself on support, collaboration and cooperation and one that recognizes and appreciates the strengths that each associate brings. We provide an environment where team members can bring their whole selves to work, and where individuality, creativity and contributions are valued. The COA family is a passionate group of individuals driven by the common idea of delivering the exceptional COA Experience to everyone.
WhoWould I Interactwith?
This position interacts daily with customers (families), the management team, and teaching staff just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Provide patience with a listening ear.
- Implement a Kindergarten curriculum that is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Communicate appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff.
- Excellent writing skills to deliver child's progress to parents and other teachers.
- Design an appropriate classroom arrangement to support the goals and development.
- Creativity: Using new and innovative ways to engage children to learn.
- Instructional Skills: Being able to communicate concepts.
- Empathetic to children's emotions and parent's needs.
- Participation in staff and training meetings.
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child's age and developmental level.
- Have a collaborative working style
- Have Certification in Early Childhood Education. Initial and professional certifications are both acceptable.
- *If you are approaching certification within the next year and have a transcript as evidence, you may also qualify for this position.
- Using assessment tools.
- Committed to continuing education.
- A positive, kind, and energetic teacher who enjoys working with children
- Open to new ideas and coachable
- Committed to the details that assure a safe and healthy environment for the children
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a collaborative working style
- Have Certification in Early Childhood Education. Initial and professional certifications are both acceptable. If you are approaching certification within the next year and have a transcript as evidence, you may also qualify for this position.
What are the requirements for this job
- Must meet PA. state requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Education Preferred
- Two-Years of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten, or licensed day care center
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
THE BENEFITS OUR CAREER PROFESSIONALS ENJOY:
- Internal Company Career Advancement Opportunities.
- Discount Employee Childcare
- Recognition Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision + 401(k)
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- Paid Vacation/ Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance/Reimbursement
- T.E.A.C.H Scholarship Partnerships
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Perks at Work: exclusive savings for employees to 1000's of merchants
Children of America is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplaceJob Posted by ApplicantPro