A Carter Lumber Non-CDL Delivery Specialist is responsible for transporting and dropping off materials while providing professional customer service to contractors and do-it-yourselfers. This is accomplished by appropriately using company vehicles and equipment to deliver products to customers in a safe and timely manner. Safety, building loads, inventory control and product knowledge are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements to be Considered for this Position:
- Previous delivery experience, preferably with building materials
- An acceptable driving record and appropriate licensing
- Familiarity with building materials and delivery equipment is desirable
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Responsible for delivering material to customer’s jobsites using the most efficient route available. Complies with all highway rules and regulations. Ensures that delivery schedules are met while providing friendly and professional service. Assists customers with loading and/or unloading of materials while at the job site.
Knowledge & Training
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities. Completes required training. Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
Assumes Yard Specialist responsibilities when not performing primary functions:
- Customer Service: Meets and greets contractors and do-it-yourselfers while providing exceptional customer service by assisting with the selection and loading of materials. Accurately pulls and stages materials to be picked up or delivered to ensure schedules are met.
- Store Operations: Contributes to maintaining the inventory in the yard by conducting cycle counts, keeping the yard organized, ensuring the correct material is shipped and received. Follows all policies and procedures in the yard including sales, inventory and safety. Properly uses and maintains all equipment.
- Operates a forklift, delivery truck, shingle ladder, pallet jack, and other equipment used to move or transfer material
- Knows the functions of and uses a variety of building industry related tools
- Performs numerical computations using an adding machine and/or calculator
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 571691882Posted: 2020-10-18