This candidate has strong project, process and people management skills, as this position provides a delicate balance of ensuring the customer is satisfied and deadlines are met. An understanding and expertise with the entire sales process (identifying customers, negotiation, the close, maintaining customers) is essential. Given the existing checklists in place, an attention to detail and strong organizational skills are vital to ensuring the proper handling of business needs. An understanding of and experience within the automotive repair industry is required. A leader with an ability to motivate and inspire others towards optimal customer service.
We are looking for a competent and driven Floating Store Manager for Cassidy Tire & Service. This position acts as the manager of a Cassidy Tire & Service Company store. The Floating Manager will have a home base location that they will cover and then rotate to other locations as needed. The primary responsibility of the position is the oversight and day-to-day running of a store. This position will provide store-level leadership while managing the service of customers’ automotive needs. The Floating Store Manager will be responsible for promoting a culture of quality and superior customer service. We are looking for Store Managers who can rotate to various locations in our South Suburbs, North Suburbs, and Chicago.
- Responsible for managing employees which includes, mentoring, coaching, counseling, and scheduling.
- Effectively manages employee productivity, branch expenses and inventory.
- Establishes priorities on a daily basis among competing requirements to ensure products and services are delivered to customers as promised.
- Commands the ability to quickly build positive relationships with staff, customers, and vendors at all sites assigned to.
- Determines the customer needs, problems, complaints, requests, questions and deadlines in a business-like manner.
- Learns and maintains current product knowledge of all tires, service and other product lines that are represented, as well as those of competitors.
- Performs tire related inventory functions including knowledge of tire line, tire procedures, tire stock inquiries, and shipping and receiving procedures.
- Performs visual inspections including under hood, under car and wheel off.
- GED/high school diploma
- 2+ years automotive repair experience required.
- Experience leading and managing others required (managing scheduling, performance issues, coaching and mentoring others).
- Ability to review and diagnose potential repairs for all types of vehicles (cars, light trucks, luxury imports) for the following issues: brakes, flushes, front end, suspension and flushes required. This is to provide oversight or coaching for employees.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Results driven individual who is proactive and very detail oriented required.
- Experience running a cash register required. Ability to close out the store and balance the register at the end of each day.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Proficiency in English (written and verbal skills) required.
For over 105 years, it has been our mission at Cassidy Tire & Service to provide our customers with repair services, quality replacement parts, and name brand tires, all at affordable prices.
We are a Chicagoland family business and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our customers first- selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time. When you join our team, you become an important part of one of the fastest-growing, most profitable companies in the industry. Our continued growth creates promotional opportunities for top performers at all levels of the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 571692278Posted: 2020-10-18